International Billing Specialist
Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Essential Job Requirements:
- Perform timely and accurate complex invoicing per contract/purchase orders with a detail understanding of complex contractual language regarding pricing/invoicing requirements and customer’s preferred invoice delivery method.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Area managers (field operations) in obtaining approvals for invoices submitted, research and resolve all aspects of invoicing pertaining to customer special handling and disputes.
- Create and Reconcile invoices utilizing Vista/ViewPoint accounting system, Track, customer cost reports, and in house cost reporting system.
- Work closely with Field Accountants in obtaining appropriate corrections and copies of signed timesheets and any backup required for each invoice as needed.
- Provide Regional Collections Specialist accurate documentation in applying incoming payments regarding all outstanding invoices.
- Follow up with customers to confirm invoice acceptance within 15 days of submission/billing
- Work with Billing Supervisor/Regional Collections Specialist with any research needed regarding customer short payments, over payments or payments unapplied.
- Responsible for handling customer inquiries, invoice requests, and cost move request.
- Monitor all unbilled cost and address each open item with Billing Supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all invoices are posted and finalized prior to Month-End deadlines given by Accounting Manager and/or Billing Supervisor.
- Process credit memos in accordance with company policies while maintaining accurate, complete, and orderly files to provide supporting documentation for auditing purposes.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of billing experience with complex contract language and billing specifications
- 3+ years of international billing
- Track experience is a plus
- Vista/Viewpoint experience
- Industrial Services Experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to develop spreadsheets in excel, modify formats, formulas, and pivot tables.
- Knowledge and experience with time and material billing
- Able to work with analytics and show effective problem-solving
- Ability to interact/communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and management
- Able to multi-task while effectively prioritizing workload and meet deadline expectations
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift no more than 20 pounds.
- Use repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Steady phone interactions
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, ViewPoint and SharePoint).
- Using the telephone, copier, scanner and printer.
This position currently has no direct reports.
This position operates in a professional office environment.