Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of experienced Cement Finishers who are interested in joining our team. Ideal candidates should be a commuting distance from Whiting, Indiana, and be experienced and proficient in their craft. These positions will be working Maintenance and Turnarounds as needed. Positions could be long term, generally working 4-10’s and overtime as needed with no Per Diem.
- Mix and pour small batches of concrete, grout, or epoxy as needed using hoe or machinery.
- Level, smooth, and finish the surfaces and edges of concrete, grout, epoxy, or other substances.
- Flag concrete delivery vehicles to pouring locations.
- Installs and molds expansion joints and edges.
- Use a variety of hand tools, electric, motorized, or pneumatic equipment to complete project.
- Breaks up and repairs old concrete surfaces.
- Ability to build or reinforce concrete forms for pours a plus.
- Ensures subgrade work is prepared correctly.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial construction / maintenance experience.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.
- NCCER certification a plus
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong knowledge of pouring, leveling, and troweling.