Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services located in Deer Park, TX is seeking a Collections Specialist to contact customers, collect outstanding payments and resolving payment discrepancies. The candidate should exhibit professionalism, have excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail and/or telephone to solicit payment.
- Receive payments and accurately post amounts paid to customer accounts
- Provide Customer service to clients to answer questions regarding discrepancies with their accounts
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to solve difficult collection efforts.
- Maintains accurate log of client contact and status of collection efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proven Experience as a Collections Specialist or similar, for an industrial provider
- Knowledge of Contracts, Billing Procedures and Collection techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Viewpoint/Vista experience a huge plus
- Must exhibit a high-level of professionalism and integrity
- Strong administrative, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, both collaboratively and independently, with little to no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and take pride in producing high quality work while keeping a close attention to detail