Website Universal Plant Services
Universal Plant Services (UPS) is a top-tier specialty service company headquartered in Houston, with 16 full-service facilities across the United States. With over 30 years of experience serving the energy industry, we are committed to exceeding client expectations by delivering world-class equipment service capabilities. We offer comprehensive project management, construction, installation, maintenance, and repair services for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects. Our culture is deeply rooted in our dedication to excellence, and we take pride in being a trusted partner for our clients. Our goal is to continue delivering the highest levels of professionalism and quality while remaining at the forefront of the specialty service industry.
Universal Plant Services needs a Cost Analyst for a project in Lake Charles, La. This project is scheduled to last until September, working 5-10’s, with per diem paid 7 days a week. The Cost Analyst will develop and maintain various reports (Project Performance Reports, Labor Reports, and Schedule Reports) to measure a project’s performance and provide an accurate estimated total cost at the completion of the project. You must maintain knowledge of safety policies and procedures and perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Must train on client’s Cost Tracking software.
- Must be disciplined to provide well timed and accurate data.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- A valid TWIC card is required.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to accept instructions/delegation and perform in a fast paced, high-pressure setting.
- Track ongoing cost of projects through multiple/reporting methods.
- Maintain weekly headcount on all vendors.
- Help facilitate Citgo’s Master Cost Detail Workbook
- Provide weekly Cost Reporting Summary with Scope Growth/Reduction and Scope Variance data.
- Interpret Schedule data and understand Earned Value as it corresponds with estimated to complete.
- Regularly meet with Project Manager on-site to verify overall project cost.
- Develop and Maintain Daily Productivity
- Develop and Maintain Daily Project Budget and Earned Value Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Project Performance (PPR) Report
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with onsite Scheduler, Planners, Office Managers, and Timekeepers.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be willing to work for extended hours and willing to work over their scheduled shift, if required. Able to work days or nights.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as may be required by Field Supervision. Follow oral and written directions.
- Must be willing to act as mentor to less experienced employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- (5) Years working experience, in a Cost Analyst position within the Piping, Mechanical or Construction Industries is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skill required. This includes, but is not limited to –
- Data heavy pivot tables.
- Data management, sorting.
- Ability to interpret Excel data and troubleshoot problem areas (formulas, functions, etc.)
- Develop charts/line graphs with Excel data.
- All UPS applications as well as client applications require exporting to Excel, making data management paramount.
- Intermediate to Advanced Windows/Chrome/Explorer skill required.
- Day to day usage on Windows machines (both UPS and Client), need to be familiar and operate fluently.
- UPS Applications are web based and utilize Chrome for the most part, with exceptions for Internet Explorer – both of which need to have operating fluency.
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.