Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
The Cost Analyst will develop and maintain various reports (Project Performance Reports, Labor Reports, and Schedule Reports) to measure a project’s performance and provide an accurate estimated total cost at the completion of the project. You must maintain knowledge of safety policies and procedures and perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Must have valid US Passport
- Must be willing to work on projects outside of the US
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- A valid TWIC card is preferred.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to accept instructions/delegation and perform in a fast paced, high pressure setting.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Track ongoing cost of projects through multiple/reporting methods.
- Develop and Maintain Daily Productivity Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Scope Variance Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Project Budget and Earned Value Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Project Performance (PPR) Report
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be willing to work for extended hours and willing to work over their scheduled shift, if required. Able to work days or nights.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as may be required by Field Supervision. Follow oral and written directions.
- Must be willing to act as mentor to less experienced employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- (5) Years working experience, in a Cost Analyst position within the Piping, Mechanical or Construction Industries is preferred.