Customer Strategy Manager
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
The objective of the Customer Strategy Manager is to improve the effectiveness of the Business Development Team leading to profitable revenue growth across all UPS business units and customer bases.
The Customer Strategy Manager will provide quantitative data management, trend reporting, cost analysis, customer studies, sales efficiency profiles, sales lead management/distribution, and general sales reporting support to the Vice President of Business Development, and the Universal Plant Services Operations and Business Development Team.
Ancillary duties will include regular interface with key operations contacts throughout the company including Operations Management, the Information Technology department, the UPS corporate communications department, marketing support staff, and a wide range of internal, and external entities related to maximizing Business Development Team efforts.
- Utilizing Viewpoint and other sources to access UPS Business Unit fiscal year budgets, produce Weekly individual BD Representative fiscal year revenue objectives by customer facility and UPS service line.
- Analyze Monthly actual revenue vs. budget to map progress of budgeted and targeted business delivered vs. plan. Do this for overall business units through individual BD Representative.
- Utilizing the Salesforce CRM tool, define current customer Opportunities Pipelines by overall business units through individual BD Representative and distribute this information Weekly.
- Perform Monthly Gap Analysis of Revenue Objectives vs. Opportunities Pipelines to determine if we have enough Sales Funnel Volume to achieve our objectives (sales funnel volume should be a minimum of 5x revenue objectives of business units and/or BD Representative).
- Provide Weekly BD Scopes of Work (BD SOW) to help drive behavior of the BD Team by keeping priorities “front of mind” for the entire group. Update progress via Salesforce (or other agreed to communication tool).
- Serve as the BD Team data management point person for all Business Unit -specific Opportunities Pipeline meetings. Be prepared to discuss and/or support BD Team members during Opportunities Pipeline meetings to ensure priorities are being addressed.
- Perform Weekly Gap Analysis on Strat-Nat customer sites to ensure we are calling on all key locations for this group of customers.
- On an on-going basis, conduct customer research (i.e. review annual reports) to ensure UPS has line of sight on all turnarounds, capital projects, planned major maintenance events, etc.
- Develop, and maintain a “subject matter expert” level of proficiency for our Salesforce CRM database. Duties may include; configuration of the system to incorporate all desired communication, and reporting goals of the Business Development Team, system management to ensure data integrity, and quality, group, and individual training of the Business Development Team, and interface with Salesforce personnel to ensure we are running the most current system.
- Interact with individual Business Development Team members, and UPS Contracts department personnel to ensure accurate/robust customer account profiles are maintained in the Salesforce CRM system. Customer profiles created/maintained should reflect those companies listed in the Business Development territories.
- On an as-needed basis, assist the BD Coordinator to maintain an accurate/current Viewpoint, and Excel data base of individual Business Development Territories reflecting budgeted, and targeted customer accounts, and other strategic business targets to produce/deliver reports to management at regular intervals.
- Manage overall opportunities pipeline data to produce a wide range of weekly/monthly reports, as well as those requested on an “as needed” basis.
- Provide company, and service line analysis/information to better position UPS’ Business Development Representatives in their day-to-day sales call activities.
- Develop, and maintain a “subject matter expert” level of proficiency for our Industrial Information Resources (IIR) database to maximize our return on investment of this data base. Duties will include working with our appropriate IIR contact to configure the system to incorporate all desired communication.
- Ensure the IIR data, and reporting needs of the Business Development Team are met by providing them with regular outputs from the system to assist, and support them in analyzing customer opportunities, and needs.
- Provide “customer specific” data management, and analysis on an “as needed basis” to Operations Leadership, the Vice President of Business Development, the Director, National Accounts, the various Directors of Business Development, and the overall Business Development Team.
- Execute, and complete any “other duties as assigned” at a high level of proficiency, competency, urgency, etc. to achieve defined objectives.
- B. S. in a Business Management discipline with a focus in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, or other course of business-related study is required.
- MBA preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive sales/business development experience as a key member of a high performing, fast-paced sales, management, or business development team is preferred.
- Proficient in all MS suite of products, particularly PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce CRM.
- Proficient in a wide range of data analysis, and report production.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have great written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be the consummate team player.
- Must be used to striving for and delivering excellence.
- Must be able to think, and adjust efforts based upon unforeseen changes in priorities.
- Experience working for, or in an industrial service company is preferred.
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Solid, consistent work ethic.
- Uncompromising personal, and business ethics.
- Overall positive, “can do” attitude.
- Team-oriented, non-credit seeking mindset.
- Calm under pressure.
- Sense of humor.
Job Type: Full-time