Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
This position assists with the negotiation, development and implementation of agreements that maximize value and support customer initiatives, standardizes material, services, and suppliers. The position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility, and specifications in the procurement of goods and services, while contributing cost savings and other value-added activity to support customer needs and expectations.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Receive purchase requisitions from field and identify what is needed.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports, and price list.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Maintain conformity to departmental policies.
- Track status of requisitions, and orders.
- Receive delivered items and identify PO line items on the packing slips.
- Track and inventory rental equipment on the job.
- Various amounts of administrative duties as required by the Procurement Coordinator.
- Researches and selects vendors in given circumstances, evaluates vendor performance, and utilizes different vendor sources to fill as directed.
- Searches out alternate vendors or suppliers during periods of shortages or stock-outs.
- Responsible for coordinating the setup of vendors with corporate accounting.
- Responsible for coordinating the setup of subcontracts with corporate contracts.
- Processes requisitions for supplies, research products, clarifies specifications, documents competitive bidding, and inputs and places purchase orders.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Prepare pricing proposals for Estimating of projects.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Maintains an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information and ensures that the pricing corresponds with national pricing agreements.
- Coordinate with accounts payable on purchase order line-item discrepancies.
- Coordinate with vendors at the end of a project to receive final billing.
- Close out open line items on complete projects
- Read and understand the contract to ensure that the company is billing third party items in accordance with the contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a refinery related capacity.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must.
- Strong understanding of the committed vs actual job cost and its impact on a job
- Basic knowledge of the purchase order module in Viewpoint (Our ERP software)
- Basic knowledge of material such as pipe, valves, and fittings.
- Proficient knowledge in expediting experience.
- Highly organized with a close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate efficiency will working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated and take ownership of the role.
This position operates in an office and field environment with up to 50% travel.