Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Universal Plant Services is looking to hire candidates with mechanical and machining experience to support our shop and field projects. Machining experience is a plus, but not a requirement. Also, willingness to travel is a plus. Multiple positions are available from entry level to management. Projects are in various areas of the world. Pay is competitive and commensurate with job experience. All travel will include per diem.
- Field Machinist is responsible for the set up and operation of a wide variety of portable machine tools to perform on-site machine work and repairs on location at client work sites.
- Hydro and isolation plug experience is a plus
- Primary role is to execute field machining operations in accordance with the approved site and company procedures.
- Directly responsible for the execution of services in accordance with the requirements of the site and process procedures.
- Perform repairs, maintenance and troubleshooting on various mechanical equipment
- Maintain and repair a variety of valves, pumps, compressors, motors, engines, turbines, generators, and other rotating and fixed equipment of all sizes, generally in the field
- Coordinate and perform mechanical maintenance and repairs of equipment as needed
- Work in the proximity of various electrical circuits and machinery in various outside weather conditions
- Perform field machining services on client work sites performing any of the following duties:Pipe cutting and beveling
Hydro/ isolationFlange resurfacing O.D mount and I.D mountDrilling and tappingMilling motor or pump basesLine boringDouble block & bleed isolation with grip tightDouble block & bleed isolation weld tests
- General operational mechanical and maintenance knowledge of rotating equipment, valves, and pumps
- Machining experience a plus, but not a requirement
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and take direction from experienced leadership
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Basic Computer skills needed for planning, scheduling, record keeping, regulations, equipment analysis, and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge and experience with industrial facilities, process flow, and component purposes
- 2 years of formal or industry experience in oil/gas field is preferred, along with any OEM training/certifications
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
- Documents all field machining service activities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Technical school or relevant training preferred.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills
Successful Candidates will have the following Job Qualifications for Field Projects
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in field machining required
- Knowledgeable experience of hazards and safety details in field environments
- Willingness to travel within the USA and international
- A current TWIC card
Physical Requirements for both shop and field projects
- Able to walk up 3 flights of stairs.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures