Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of Helpers and Laborers who are interested in joining our team. Ideal candidates should be local to the Whiting, Indiana area and have experience with petrochemical or heavy industrial worksites. These positions will be working Maintenance and Turnarounds as needed. Positions could be long term, generally working 4-10’s and overtime as needed with no Per Diem.
- Perform all housekeeping duties
- Assist skilled craftsmen and others with daily jobsite activities
- Collect and distribute tools, equipment or materials
- Perform labor intensive duties such as shoveling, sweeping, carrying heavy loads, and lubricating machinery
- May operate equipment such as forklifts, manlifts, and ATV’s
- Act as fire watch, hole watch, or bottle watch as needed
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be committed to safety and quality
- Must have transportation to and from the jobsite