Hiring Coordinator – Deer Park, TX
Website UPS - Industrial Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is now accepting resumes for a Hiring Coordinator. Hiring Coordinators are an integral part our Personnel Resource office team in Deer Park. This person would be responsible for administrative duties in a high volume on-boarding setting to help the organization meet manpower requirements.
- Contact all assigned manpower
- Fill open positions requested by field supervision with existing qualified employees or prospects
- Effectively screen prospects for craft qualifications
- Data Entry for all training certifications, test scores, etc. for each employee processed
- Become familiar with the details of upcoming projects and the timing of projects coming to an end
- Schedule manpower for Safety Council, drug screening, background checks, medical testing, etc.
- Complete Help Desk tickets
- Complete I-9
- Send online application and Eskills when applicable
- Follow-up with field supervision on 3 Contact Attempts and Failed Eskills
- Maintains accurate data in Portal/Sparta throughout staffing life cycle
- Review/Complete Waiver Report
- Scan employee credentials and identification
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective employees
- Provide management with requested updates
- Dispatch assigned craft personnel
- Available for on call rotation
- Other functions may be assigned as needed by Supervision
- Industrial/Petrochem experience required
- Experience working with craft positions (Pipefitters, Boilermakers, Welders, etc)
- Must be able to pass drug screen and a background check.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to accept instructions/delegation and perform in a fast paced, high pressure setting.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Good computer and database skills