Website UPS - Industrial Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS – Industrial Services is searching for a Planner/Scheduler for upcoming industrial projects in the Greater Chicago area.
Read and understand P&ID’s and isometric drawings. Be able to “start from scratch” on a project with only maintenance requests and support documentation to generate the complete structure for the schedule. Must maintain knowledge of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner, and ensures employees comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have a valid TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have above average leadership abilities and be able to lead by example.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.
- Responsible for input of the work plan for the project.
- Lead planning exercises
- Must be able to successfully search for archived documentation.
- Must be able to assemble all required information for job packages.
- Analyze schedule for inefficiencies and correct them.
- Prepare & maintain project schedule
- Primavera – Able to perform as Master Scheduler
- Ability to import/export, build WBS, code, prioritize scope, resource load, & level schedule in Primavera.
- Ensure all client reporting needs are met.
- Set up, implement, and report KPI’s
- Self-motivated, organized, ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Monitors field progress. Maintains proper continual coordination of all activities.
- Originate change order tracking and schedule additional work.
- Converse politely and intelligently with customers, customer representatives and fellow employees.
- Work with client reps., foreman, and general foreman to obtain job specific information.
- Implement all project controls including cost, productivity data, and document control.
- Establish a baseline schedule and compare progress against it.
- Create a logical network of activities and ultimately a critical path schedule.
- Meet reporting requirements of the Client, including generating and interpreting productivity, percent complete, remaining duration and critical path reports.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be able to select proper equipment for any given job. With the knowledge in Safe and Proper Equipment set up.
- Must be willing to work for extended hours and willing to work over their scheduled shift, if required. Able to work days or nights.
- Must be willing to act as mentor to less experienced employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Primavera.
- 10 years’ experience in the petro-chemical industry is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience as a planner/scheduler is preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Use repetitive hand motions.
- Requires considerable concentration and focus. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload.
- Normal concentration/intensity, which includes prolong mental effort.
- Normal memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- Normal complexity of decision making.