Website Universal Plant Services
Universal Plant Services (UPS) is a top-tier specialty service company headquartered in Houston, with 16 full-service facilities across the United States. With over 30 years of experience serving the energy industry, we are committed to exceeding client expectations by delivering world-class equipment service capabilities. We offer comprehensive project management, construction, installation, maintenance, and repair services for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects. Our culture is deeply rooted in our dedication to excellence, and we take pride in being a trusted partner for our clients. Our goal is to continue delivering the highest levels of professionalism and quality while remaining at the forefront of the specialty service industry.
Universal Plant Services located in Fairfield, California, is in search of a Labor Coordinator that will maintain the database of craft labor & dispatch employees to projects for the Northern California Area. This position is full time, offering a competitive benefit package along with 401k, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and flexible schedule. Pay range for this position is $28.00 – $30.00 per hour.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Work with recruiting, local unions/counsels, and Service Manager to maintain the appropriate craft numbers at the right skillset to successfully execute all work in the Northern California Area.
- Ensure craft employees have current required skills certifications and schedule classes for required training and/or certifications.
- Coordinate and track all necessary site required Hight Hazard safety training and background checks.
- Coordinate all drug testing as the DER in the area and maintain Drug & Alcohol rosters weekly to ensure compliance with UPS and client requirements.
- Work with Service Manager to successfully staff all jobs in the region.
- Maintain the regional manpower lookahead schedule with input from the Service and Project Manager
- Report daily regional manpower numbers
- Set up New Hires
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Keen ability to work under pressure and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to quickly learn new software.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Use repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer
Equipment / Software Used
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Viewpoint and SharePoint).
- Computer, telephone, copier, scanner, and printer.
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.