Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Services is in search of experienced Machinists to join our team. This is a long-term maintenance opportunity at the Citgo Refinery in Lemont. Ideal candidates should be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other drawings to fabricate parts and components out of various metals, alloys, plastics or composites and alter or rework existing parts or items. Machinist may use a variety of lathes, vertical mills, horizontal boring mills, holding fixtures, bridgeports, cutting tools, CNC programmable machines, drills, saws, calipers, micrometers, gages, scales, surface grinders, bar mills, hydraulic presses, indicators, or other tools to perform their duties. They perform maintenance on machinery and equipment as well as cleaning duties.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 4 years Machinist experience
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to operate multiple machines safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Must be able to frequently lift and or move up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to complete work with limited supervision.
*This job description is not all encompassing; however, it is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.