Mechanical Engineer (EIT)
Website Universal Plant Services
Mechanical Engineer (EIT)
Universal Plant Services (UPS) is a top-tier specialty service company headquartered in Houston, with 16 full-service facilities across the United States. With over 30 years of experience serving the energy industry, we are committed to exceeding client expectations by delivering world-class equipment service capabilities. We offer comprehensive project management, construction, installation, maintenance, and repair services for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects. Our culture is deeply rooted in our dedication to excellence, and we take pride in being a trusted partner for our clients. Our goal is to continue delivering the highest levels of professionalism and quality while remaining at the forefront of the specialty service industry.
Universal Plant Services is searching for a Mechanical Engineer (EIT) to join our team. The successful candidate will handle activities for all phases of mechanical development and equipment design under the direction and supervision of a PE. The ideal candidate will have 3D modeling/2D drafting experience, participate in the production of drawings, and actively work towards obtaining their PE license. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in furthering their career in Mechanical Engineering.
- Will assist with pressure vessel design under ASME BPVC.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Support for alteration, repair, and design of new pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Develop construction drawings for vessels and other fixed equipment; including boilers, piping, tanks, exchangers, etc. in accordance with all applicable codes and standards (ASME, TEMA, NBIC, API, Jurisdictional requirements).
- Perform calculations and analysis to ensure compliance with industry standards and project requirements.
- General engineering support for field services provided by UPS.
- Will also work closely with Quality Control to ensure all facets of construction meet the applicable construction code requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered as an EIT with the Texas Board of Professional Engineers. EIT’s approaching PE licensure is a plus.
- 2 years experience minimum.
- Experience with design and inspection of vessels, tanks, and piping.
- Must have knowledge of ASME BPVC Section 8 Div. 1, and ASME B31.3.
- Experience with pressure vessel design software (Codeware COMPRESS preferred).
- Must have drafting experience and participate in the production of drawings.
- Desirable to have pipe stress design experience.
- Desirable to have experience with ASME BPVC Section 8 Div. 2.
- Desirable to have knowledge of working with point cloud data.
- Desirable to have a general knowledge of surveying and dimensional control.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the organization.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for growth and advancement. If you are a driven and innovative Mechanical Engineer EIT looking for an exciting opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.