Website Universal Plant Services
Millwright / Rotating Equipment Mechanic
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Services is in search of experienced Millwrights to join our team. This is a long term maintenance opportunity at the Citgo Refinery in Lemont. Ideal candidates should be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals or other drawings to install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, rebuild, and repair rotating equipment. They layout, level and align pumps, compressor turbines, paper machines and centrifuges, repair pumps, set impeller clearances, set fan blades, and align belts and motors to gearboxes using manual tools, lasers, and computers. Millwrights may also construct foundations for machines, perform lubricating maintenance, cleaning activities, have a working knowledge of different types of metals, bearings, mechanical seals, valves, packing, vertical and horizontal multi-stage pumps, drive couplings, agitators, gas and steam turbines, agitators, reciprocal and centrifugal compressors, and gearboxes.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 4 years Millwright experience in a Petrochemical facility
- Proficient with the safe usage of swing davits and overhead cranes
- Ability to understand and apply API Standards
- May be required to pass applicable test for this position
- Experience with fabricating and installing piping and tubing associated with rotating equipment