Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is now accepting resumes for a Payroll Clerk. This position is an integral part our Payroll team in Deer Park. They will be responsible for helping the organization to accurately process payroll while researching and resolving any issues that may arise. Strong consideration will be given to applicants with Payroll and Billing experience.
- Prepare and process payroll.
- Resolve payroll issues and answer questions from employees and field personnel via phone and email.
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Process and reconcile COMDATA reports and deductions.
- Process and reconcile Payroll Deduct Forms.
- Enter W-4 and Direct Deposit information.
- Provide assistance with Billing when needed.
- Process and respond to garnishments
- Distribute checks to jobsites according to Check Requests Forms
- Timely mailing of payroll checks to separated employees.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years of full cycle Payroll experience.
- Experience with Billing a plus.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Degree in Accounting or related field of study preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Understanding of Payroll and Payroll tax laws.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and have the ability to learn other software used.
- Be a team player and assist coworkers as needed.