Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services located in Deer Park, TX is in search for a Payroll Specialist to work at our Corporate office. This person must be very proficient in MS Excel. Knowledge of Vista Viewpoint and processing Union payroll is a plus but not required. This position is full-time and offers a standard benefits package.
- All correspondence received by Corporate Payroll via Mail or Email.
- Resolves payroll issues/questions by gathering the information needed and researching on a case by case basis
- Full cycle Payroll processing
- Performs daily payroll department operations
- Processes correction checks
- Processes and reconciles ADP reports and deductions
- Receive/enter/reconcile received by Corporate Payroll via Mail or Email.
- Enter W-4’s
- Enter Direct Deposit Information
- Provides assistance with billing when needed
- Distribute checks to all job sites according to the Check Requests Forms sent by the Field Accountants
- On-time mailing of payroll checks to employee’s that are not working on the job site
- Provides prompt customer service to employee’s
- Provides necessary payroll forms to employee’s when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Vista Viewpoint (Construction Accounting Software)
- Knowledge of local Union payroll laws
- 5 years processing high volume payroll
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of best payroll practices
- Able to deal with difficult issues with employee’s in a calm, knowledgeable discrete manner
- Strong time management and organizational skills with prioritizing tasks