Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
· Maintain accurate bookings for all ongoing projects working with operations and clients to ensure that all purchase order updates are reflected within the accounting system, following GAAP standards.
· Understand the job setup process working with contracts and billing to ensure that all projects are being setup correctly for billing and reporting purposes
· Provide accurate margin estimates and percentage of completion status for all current projects
· Lead bi-monthly project status review meetings with operations groups
· Ensure all paperwork and documentation required for billing by Clients are collected and stored for each project
· Develop and Maintain Project Budget reports and provide feedback to estimating group
· Work with procurement, operations, and billing to ensure that completed project are billed and closed timely
· Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM)/Job Owners regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
· Set up new projects, coordinate transfer of employee billable hours and/or expenses as needed, and open and close contract items and phases in company system.
· Monthly compilation of POC & WIP Schedules, as assigned by the Regional Controller.
· Monthly analysis of Gross Profit Reports, as assigned by the Regional Controller.
· Prepare adhoc analyses for jobs.
· Assist billing supervisor with research of any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
· Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
· Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Regional Controller.
· BBA in Accounting required.
· POC Accounting experience preferred.
· More than 5 years of experience in a related position with industry experience (Energy, Oil & Gas, Pipeline).
· Knowledge of Vista Viewpoint, a plus.
· A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
· Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in excel, word and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a service business environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Deer Park, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Oil & gas: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accountant: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)