Quality Control Lead
Website Universal Plant Services
Quality Control Lead
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Services is in search of a Quality Control Lead. Ideal candidates should be local to the Whiting, Indiana area. Primary responsibilities include the development, management, and continuous improvement of site Quality Control processes. Must maintain and/or develop working knowledge of applicable industry standards, and UPS quality policies and procedures. Must perform assigned duties in a safe manner, and assure that UPS employees, subcontractors, and vendors comply with established quality programs and safe work habits. This position will be working Maintenance and Turnarounds as needed. Position could be long term, generally working 4-10’s and overtime as needed with no Per Diem.
- Management of all welding aspects; welder testing, welder tracking, and weld procedure development.
- Function as quality liaison between the field and the client as assigned.
- Development of and providing support with QC packages, procedures, checklists, etc., for all welding, construction, fabrication, inspection, and operation activities.
- Provide ongoing weekly updates with progress to the Director of Engineering & Quality.
- Assist with sourcing, staffing, and managing Quality Control Technicians.
- Assist the Director Engineering & Quality with nonconformances and client complaint investigations.
- Assist the Director Engineering & Quality with Root Cause Analyses as assigned.
- Identify voids in our quality system regarding technical procedures and processes.
- Perform project audits as available to provide feedback and assist with the continuous improvement process.
- Current CWI required
- API 653 required, or extensive background in new tank fabrication, repairs, and alterations
- Must be well versed in piping codes – ASME B31.1/B31.3
- 10+ years’ experience as a lead or manager in a quality control group.
- Must be well versed in pressure vessels and boilers – ASME Section BPVC
- Must be well versed in NDE – PT, MT, RT