Rotating Equipment Shop Foreman
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
A leading provider of rotating equipment repair and maintenance services is looking for a qualified and experienced Shop Supervisor (Days/Nights) for our Deer Park location.
· Development of work scope for Rotating equipment repairs made to equipment and parts fabrication. Train, instruct, supervise, and mentor employees using established and new production methods to produce a quality product in a safe and timely manner.
· Assign work, develop employee performance, execute schedules, respond to changes, communicate production demands to employees, and procure parts. Ensure documentation requirements are met and quality repairs are being performed.
· Completion of all reports related to safety, quality, machining and Rotating equipment repair work.
· Development and implementation of effective, permanent corrective actions.
· Proven experience improving production processes
· Must have a solid attendance record
· Mechanical Aptitude
· Negative results for Background and Drug Screening
· Strong floor presence
· High School or GED
· 5+ years in Rotating equipment repair facility
· 5+ years Supervision experience
· Auto Cad experience
· Word and Excel experience
· Leadership training
· Effective team development and project supervision skills
· Highly developed people/Leadership skills
· Good written and oral language skills
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 – $36.54 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Deer Park, TX 77536: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location