Safety Tech – Fairfield, CA
Website UPS - Industrial Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
The Safety Technician is responsible for accident prevention as it applies to employees, public safety, health, fire protection and prevention, and the equipment and property applicable to the field operation to which the Safety Technician is assigned. His main responsibilities are to work closely with the Project Manager and Superintendent advising and assisting them in matters related to Occupational Safety and Health.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have a valid TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have above average leadership abilities and be able to lead by example.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable OSHA and state safety and health standards and regulations.
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Review all Occupational Safety and Health Standards for changes and advise management and workers of such.
- Serve as a resource for selecting and purchasing personal protective equipment.
- Provide emergency medical treatment for workers and transport as necessary.
- Coordinate safety incentive recognition programs.
- Monitor subcontractor safety performance.
- Provide safety evaluations for workers.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be able to verify the proper selection, setup, and use of equipment for any given job.
- Must be willing to work days, nights, or overtime if required.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as may be required by Field Supervision.
- Must be willing to act as mentor to less experienced employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- OSHA 30, First Aid and CPR certifications preferred
- 4 years of experience in the petro-chemical industry is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a safety position is preferred.
- First Responder or equivalent medical training is also recommended.