Website Universal Plant Services
Apprenticeship Training Coordinator
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Services is in search of a Training Specialist to work at our office in Deer Park, TX. This position has responsibility for ensuring compliance with our federally approved apprenticeship programs, successful implementation of training, work experience tracking and verification, coordination of training materials and compliance with federal apprenticeship standards.
- Assist company in maintaining compliance with Federally approved apprenticeship program including any required updates to the program or new requirements from the DOL.
- Facilitate required training for enrolled employees.
- Audit of enrolled employee training and experience to ensure compliance.
- Assist in development of training procedures
- Schedule and handle logistics one on one and group training.
- Keep in touch with enrolled employees to take advantage of training opportunities during times between their assigned projects.
- Assist non enrolled full time employees with obtaining requested upgrade or required upgrade training.
- Notify management of any enrolled apprentice that becomes or is in danger of becoming out of compliance.
- Identify areas of improvement for UPS Industrial Services apprenticeship programs.
- Assist UPS Industrial Services in providing compliance information to states and projects as required.
- College degree required
- Experienced with managing Training Schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with Petrochemical industry a plus