Welders – Point Comfort, TX
Website Universal Plant Services
Welders - Point Comfort, TX
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of experienced Welders who are interested in joining our team. Ideal candidates should be local to the Point Comfort/Port Lavaca area, be experienced and proficient in their craft, and have the ability to read and understand P&ID’s, Iso’s, or other drawings. These positions will be working Maintenance and may assist with turnarounds. Positions could be long term with opportunities for overtime as needed. No Per Diem or Travel Pay.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be committed to safety and quality.
- Read and understand P&ID’s and isometric drawings to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Layout, fabricate, and install pipe spools from spool sheets.
- Flame cut pipe to length and bevel, clean and prepare pipe for fit-up.
- Weld all pipe and pipe related items per drawings and project specifications.
- Fabricate piping spools from spool sheets and isometric drawings.
- Set up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years welding experience in Industrial or Petrochemical setting
- Must pass applicable weld tests