Accounts Payable Specialist
Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Services located in Deer Park, TX is searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist with 7 plus years of High Volume Full-Cycle AP experience. Prefers someone who has done AP for a Large company in a lead position. Experience in Viewpoint (Vista Construction Accounting Software) is a plus! This job is full-time and offers a great benefit package.
- Process/review invoices including review of proper coding, proof of purchase and verification of approvals
- Process/review, code and gather approvals for employee expense reports
- Enter invoices into accounts payable system
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Good understanding of various state sales tax
- Reconcile vendor statements, researches and corrects discrepancies
- Assist with month-end close and annual year-end close
- Experience with Viewpoint (Vista Construction Accounting Software)
- Experience entering and paying Expense Reports
- Experience coding invoices, expense reports and check requests with correct GL codes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum 7 years of Full-Cycle Accounts Payable experience and excellent organization skills