Website Universal Plant Services
Universal Plant Services (UPS) is a top-tier specialty service company headquartered in Houston, with 16 full-service facilities across the United States. With over 30 years of experience serving the energy industry, we are committed to exceeding client expectations by delivering world-class equipment service capabilities. We offer comprehensive project management, construction, installation, maintenance, and repair services for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects. Our culture is deeply rooted in our dedication to excellence, and we take pride in being a trusted partner for our clients. Our goal is to continue delivering the highest levels of professionalism and quality while remaining at the forefront of the specialty service industry.
Universal Plant Services is searching for Cost Engineers to assist us with upcoming projects. Cost Engineers will develop and maintain various reports (Project Performance Reports, Labor Reports, and Schedule Reports) to measure a project’s performance and provide an accurate estimated total cost at the completion of the project. You must maintain knowledge of safety policies and procedures and perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- A valid TWIC card is preferred.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to accept instructions/delegation and perform in a fast paced, high pressure setting.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Forecasting.
- Track ongoing cost of projects through multiple/reporting methods.
- Develop and Maintain Daily Productivity Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Scope Variance Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Project Budget and Earned Value Reports
- Develop and Maintain Daily Project Performance (PPR) Report
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be willing to work for extended hours and willing to work over their scheduled shift, if required. Able to work days or nights.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as may be required by Field Supervision. Follow oral and written directions.
- Must be willing to act as mentor to less experienced employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- (5) Years working experience, in a Cost Analyst position within the Piping, Mechanical or Construction Industries is preferred.
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.