Tank Field Foreman
Website Universal Plant Services
Tank Field Foreman
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of experienced Tank Field Foremen who are interested in joining our team. This position is responsible for directing personnel in the safe execution of the site-specific scope of work items outlined in the contract documents as well as all associated paperwork and documentation.
- Ensure that all employees are working in a safe manner and environment. Foremen are to fulfill all requirements outlined in our Safety & Quality manuals, site specific, and customer specific requirements.
- Initiate and manage the daily JSA and safety tailgate meetings.
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendents to understand the scope of work and bring to their attention any potential problems and issues. Communication with the Project Manager daily.
- Ensure all UPS and customer specifications, guidelines, and programs are being followed and documented as required.
- Responsible for managing the field crew in the performance of daily task.
- Ensure that work is being performed efficiently with regard to manpower, equipment, tools and consumables.
- Responsible for compliance with all QA/QC requirements including contract drawings and specifications.
- Complete all general site paperwork including timesheets, T&M sheets, progress reports, NDE documents, purchase orders.
- Responsible for onsite customer relations.
- Comply with Universal Plant Service safety policies and quality programs.
- Assist team with various duties and help to resolve issues that may arise.
- Plan sequence of work to minimize obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Interpret and enforce company policies.
- Provide guidance and training to subordinate workers on various tasks.
- Ensures job site materials and equipment are available and in good condition.
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be able to pass three position weld test.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with the AST (Aboveground Storage Tank) industry.
- Supervisory training or certification a plus.
- Ability to handle large / complex projects without additional supervision.
- Able to give clear and concise instructions to multiple employees in the execution of work.
- Possess knowledge of automatic welding and burning equipment. This would include the ability to run, repair, and train others in the use and operation of this type of equipment.
- Certified to run typical equipment found on large projects. This would include being a certified rigger/signal man, operating lull, skid steer loaders, aerial equipment such as man lifts.
- Ability to interpret field and fabrication drawings.
- Must be DOT OQ qualified (AOCF/PMT).
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have transportation to and from the jobsite.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme weather conditions for extended periods
- Must be able to kneel, squat, climb, and lift heavy objects.
- Must be committed to safety and quality.