Fixed/Static Equipment Engineer
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services is a Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Universal Plant Services Industrial Services Division is searching for a Fixed/Static Equipment Engineer. We are a contractor to the Petrochemical Plants and Refineries. The qualified candidate should have experience in the Oil & Gas and Heavy Industrial industry.
- Develop calculations and drawings for new ASME BPVC Section VIII, Div.1 pressure vessels, as well as NBIC rerates, alterations, and repairs.
- Mandatory Appendix 13 experience preferred.
- Must have intimate knowledge of ASME BPVC Section VIII Div. 1 & 2, and NBIC NB-23.
- Develop engineering calculations and drawings for ASME Section I boiler repairs and alterations, as well as new construction and modifications of B31.1 Power Piping.
- Experience with engineering and design of API 650 storage tanks preferred.
- Experience with pipe stress analysis preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis preferred.
- Familiarization with bolting techniques and the ability to provide field support for fastened connections.
- Professional Engineering Licensure is required or EIT approaching licensure may be considered.
- 5+ years industry experience in fixed equipment fabrication, repairs and alterations
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study.
5+ years industry experience in fixed equipment fabrication, repairs and alterations.
· Must be willing to travel as required based on project needs.
· Must be able to function in a construction/refinery environment (lifting, climbing, exposure to outdoor climates, etc.) and pass a drug screening and a criminal background check
· Must be responsive; position requires regular availability
· Will report to Deer Park, Texas office
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift no more than 20 pounds.
· Use repetitive hand motions.
· Prolonged use of the computer.
· Steady phone interactions
· Requires considerable concentration and focus. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload.
· Normal concentration/intensity, which includes prolong mental effort.
· Normal memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
· Normal complexity of decision making.
· Codeware COMPRESS or similar software.
· Caesar II or similar software.
· Nozzle PRO
This position currently has no direct reports.
· Requires travel to various work sites as needed.
· Requires working in an extreme hot or cold environment at times.
· This position operates in a professional office environment.
Job Type: Full-time