Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of experienced Ironworkers who are interested in joining our team. Ideal candidates should be local to the Whiting, Indiana area, be experienced and proficient in their craft, and able to read and understand blueprints, plans, or other drawings. These positions will be working Maintenance and Turnarounds as needed. Positions could be long term, generally working 4-10’s and overtime as needed with no Per Diem.
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be committed to safety and quality
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Properly select and use manual, pneumatic, and electric tools according to tasks
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
- Use proper hand signals with heavy equipment operators
- Fabricate equipment according to blueprints or instruction from Supervision
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting or bolting.
- Able to properly bolt and torque components according to equipment specifications
- Pull, push, or pry iron/steel equipment into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Cut, bend, and weld iron/steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment.
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years Ironworker experience in Industrial or Petrochemical setting
- NCCER certification a plus
- Knowledge of industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- May be required to pass a craft test