IT Support Technician/Administrative Technician
Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Configures, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, software and peripherals. Manages user account information, including password and network groups. This position will also have administrative assistant duties that include coordination of general office tasks, assisting leadership in accomplishing tasks, and assistance with purchases. Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions. Works under immediate supervision.
IT Support Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide hardware and software support to local and remote computer users using documented procedures and available tools
- Fulfill hardware, software and peripheral/accessory requests as assigned from the help desk
- Respond to and complete IT help tickets in a timely manner, escalating larger or more complex issues to appropriate IT staff
- Route Help Desk ticket to the proper team or escalation point
- Image and repair computer systems for new and existing users
- Set up and move workstations as needed; including docking stations, monitors, printers, scanners, etc.
- Install system software and cabling of minimal complexity as requested
- Troubleshoot PC peripheral problems and network connectivity issues of minimal complexity
- Process user password reset requests
- Set up and troubleshoot mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and air cards
- Set up user/email accounts and troubleshoot issues of minimal complexity
- Set up building access badges and troubleshoot issues of minimal complexity
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all IT policies, procedures, and processes relating to job duties
- Contribute to the continual improvement of departmental processes and tools
Administrative Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain, organize, and order general office supplies for the IT Department
- Assist in coordination of IT Department team events
- Assist with IT purchases, interfacing with the vendor, UPS Procurement Department, and UPS Accounting
- Create, run, and troubleshoot various reports dealing with users, devices, and service usage
- Assist with new IT Employees onboarding preparations and logistics, including new office setups, equipment requests, and welcome packages
- Assist with in-store equipment pickups when necessary
- Coordinate vendor/contractor office walk throughs or equipment pickups/moves when necessary
- Coordinate e-waste recycling pickups for the IT Department
- Assist with travel arrangements for IT Leadership
- Other general office tasks pertaining to the IT Department
- Associate Degree in IT related field preferred
- Prior administrative experience preferred
- Relevant technical training and/or certifications (e.g., Microsoft, A+, etc.) a plus
- Prior experience in a technical support role preferred. Candidates without prior experience should demonstrate an understanding of what is required to support the IT of a business. This person would show a willingness to be trained and to build on skills gathered in a home or small office environment, such as malware/virus removal, setting up home wi-fi, home networks, installing hardware and software, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
- Proficient computer skills including desktop computing systems hardware and software
- Ability to provide excellent customer service; including a friendly attitude, empathy towards users, patience, attention to detail, good communication, sense of urgency, creativity, etc.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Some understanding of Microsoft Active Directory a plus
- Experience with Windows OS, Dell Hardware, and Apple mobile devices a plus
- Experience with Microsoft 365 a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow Help Desk a plus
- Experience with Bomgar a plus
- Ability to recognize when an incident needs to be escalated
- Ability to occasionally work after hours or on the weekend
- Ability to lift equipment weighing 25 lbs. or less
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative team spirit, high levels of initiative and drive to contribute to the continual improvement of the IT Department
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.