Website Universal Plant Services
Universal Plant Services (UPS) is a top-tier specialty service company headquartered in Houston, with 16 full-service facilities across the United States. With over 30 years of experience serving the energy industry, we are committed to exceeding client expectations by delivering world-class equipment service capabilities. We offer comprehensive project management, construction, installation, maintenance, and repair services for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects. Our culture is deeply rooted in our dedication to excellence, and we take pride in being a trusted partner for our clients. Our goal is to continue delivering the highest levels of professionalism and quality while remaining at the forefront of the specialty service industry.
Universal Plant Services is in search of Industrial Electricians for a maintenance project Tulsa, OK. The long term project could last 3-5 years and is scheduled for 40 hours per week with overtime as needed. There is no per diem available. Ideal candidates should be knowledgeable of the National Electric Code and are able to read blueprints and other diagrams to fabricate and install rigid, aluminum, PVC, and other types of conduits as well as cable trays and other conduit supports to facilitate the replacement or installation of wire and cable. Electricians pull wiring through conduit, splices wire, and connects them to switchgear, MCC’s, junction boxes, motors, transformers, lights, circuit breaker panels, relays, switches, instruments, etc. Electricians may install grounds, test continuity of circuits and observe the functioning of equipment or implements to ensure no adjustments are needed.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, rules and conduit benders.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures, and cable trays.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Install, repair, and test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment and repair.
- Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Terminate panels.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Maintain appropriate license to meet state regulations.
- Identify and requisition materials, parts, supplies and equipment as necessary to perform duties.
- Train and instruct subordinate employees in job duties, code, safety, LOTO, and company policies.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules including LOTO procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years industrial construction/maintenance experience.
- Oklahoma or reciprocal state license desired
- NCCER a PLUS
- Experience reading and understanding blueprints or other technical drawings.
- Ability to understand and apply company safety rules and LOTO.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.