Natural Gas Mechanic
Universal Plant Services Midstream
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For more than 30 years, UPS has provided expert services designed around maximizing the critical assets of the energy industry. As the only specialists in fixed and rotating equipment in the United States, our passion for taking care of our clients and our culture of responsibility have made UPS the provider of choice for some of the largest refining, petrochemical and power generation complexes in North America.
Universal Plant Services Midstream Division (UPSM) in Oklahoma is seeking individuals to perform field repairs, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance on customer owned natural gas compressors, natural gas engines. UPSM serves the needs of midstream market with services that range from troubleshooting and inspection to onsite maintenance and machining and engine, compressor overhaul and repair. Great benefits offered! Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation & Sick PTO, 9 paid Holidays, Per Diem and industry related training.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on natural gas engines and compressors
- Troubleshoot and diagnose any system failures
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Experience with compressor and engine maintenance
- Understanding of production equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to travel / possess a valid driver’s license with a clean MVR
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work weekends and long hours when necessary
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to pass extensive background check
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Has good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good customer-relation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Natural gas compressor engine maintenance.
- 3600 series Caterpillars and Ariel experience a must.
- 2 years (Preferred)
HIS JOB IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Self-starter/Independent — enjoys taking initiative and working with little direction