Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 16 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is now accepting resumes for a Pipeline Estimator. The ideal candidate will have excellent estimating skills and a superior knowledge of pipelines and related facilities. These facilities include gas and/or liquid meter stations, compressor stations, and pump stations. The Estimator is expected to develop comprehensive and detailed industrial project cost estimates, including written proposal letters and cost breakdowns, for a variety of projects based on latest available cost information and data from internal and external sources. This position will be based in Deer Park, TX.
- Prepares detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, performing quantity take-offs, determining manpower, equipment requirements, material items and subcontractors.
- Attend internal kick-off meetings with Project Management, Engineering, and/or Construction groups, ensuring proper handover of estimate information upon award of a project.
- Ability and willingness to travel out-of-town to perform job walks (usually involves overnight stay).
- Work with internal project stakeholders to gather all relevant information to prepare accurate project estimates.
- Coordinate identification of areas of risk in the compilation of cost estimates and evaluate appropriate levels of contingency.
- Prepare comparison of current and previous estimates and actualized project costs.
- Develop tools and future benchmarking to enhance estimation competencies.
- Develop and maintain intelligence regarding trends in cost of services, materials, and commodities in the various regions in which the company operates.
- List line-item estimates as needed with the goal of achieving the most optimized estimates in a timely fashion.
- Create and maintain unit-cost database and published cost indices to prepare estimates.
- Prepare comparison of current and previous estimates and actualized project costs
- Work with team members to define a WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) consistent with customer and project requirements.
- Heavy pipeline estimating experience
- Advanced math abilities (test is required).
- Ability to prepare estimates and budgets with a high degree of accuracy.
- 7+ years’ experience in developing scopes and estimates for pipelines and related facilities.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and MS Word skills.
- Above average grammar skills to generate proposal letters.
- Prior pipeline field support or pipeline construction experience is a plus
- Analytical thinker with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.