Reciprocating Engine/Compressor Mechanic Level C
Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services is a Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Perform engine service work on customer premises or in Engine Services Shop. Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the labor position. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Assist with inspection, repair and/or replacement of equipment and components while under supervision.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Examine equipment and tools to assure their integrity and safe use, and all other safety related items required during the performance of the work.
- Assures that the proper materials are used for each job.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be able to select proper equipment, with the knowledge in Safe and Proper Equipment set up for assigned task.
- Adhere to procedures and documentation as required to adequately record the work and critical engine parameters as determined during project completion.
- Travel is required up to 95% of the time worked.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent supplemented by special related outside training, required.
- Technical or trade school certification or additional work experience, desired.
- 0 – 1 years of experience in the field mechanic position.
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the labor position.
- Understanding of diesel engine mechanical and auxiliary systems to ensure the ability to perform the description of duties noted above.
- Ability to understand and apply company safety rules, permit, and tag systems.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Hold a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Ability to get a TWIC card.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
This is a physically demanding position and may accommodate some physical disabilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/vertical ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works in the shop. There is exposure to hostile environments, loud noises, hazardous chemicals/fumes and airborne particles, smoke, extreme temperatures and moving mechanical parts.
During worksite visits you will be required to wear appropriate PPE including, but not limited to:
Ear plugs or attenuator
Dust mask or respirator
Job Type: Full-time