Shop Coordinator/Asset Manager
Universal Plant Services, Inc
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services located in Baton Rouge is in search of a Shop Coordinator to work in the Millwright Shop. Our Union Millwrights are contractors to the Plant and Refineries in the Heavy Industrial and Petrochemical industry. This position is full time, offering a great benefit package along with 401k, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- Responsible for performing an immediate inventory of tool trailers, gang boxes, rental equipment, etc. upon arrival to the UPS shop.
- Ensure all rental equipment is returned to the appropriate vendor and a return receipt is turned into Accounts Payable.
- Manage a list of UPS owned equipment by job sites, calibration dates, expected return dates, etc.
- Compile a list of deficient items of each piece of UPS owned equipment that may be missing, damaged, or out of calibration.
- Create identification numbers for each piece of UPS owned equipment so that it may be tracked and easily identified so that it may be returned to its proper location.
- Operate each piece of UPS owned equipment to ensure that it is functional upon arrival to the UPS shop.
- Maintain, track usage, and reorder consumables.
- Develop and maintain a calibration/certification binder to keep on all tool trailers that identifies all rigging, chain falls, come-a-longs, and precision equipment designated to that specific tool trailer.
- Develop and maintain a MSDS binder that includes all items in aerosol and liquid form.
- Develop and maintain a certification/calibration binder to keep on each tool trailer/truck.
- Perform physical trailer inspections on all incoming trailers per the trailer check sheet.
- Assist in keeping the shop clean and orderly.
- Perform delivery/pickup duties as needed.
- Assist field supervisors by providing consumables, tools, parts, etc. as needed.
- Pass drug screen and background checks
- Sustain a valid driver’s license.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Graduate or GED
1-2 years inventory control preferred.
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to effectively multitask, handling multiple projects at any given time.
- Able to follow verbal instructions.
- Highly organized with a close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to frequently climb a ladder
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Use repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Viewpoint and SharePoint).
- Forklift, pallet jack and Shop truck
- Computer, telephone, copier, scanner, and printer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires work both field and office settings.