Shop Coordinator/Asset Manager
Website Universal Plant Services
Summary of Position
Universal Plant Services located in Baton Rouge is searching for a Shop Coordinator to work in the Millwright Shop. Our Union Millwrights are contractors to the Plant and Refineries in the Heavy Industrial and Petrochemical industry. Work location is Baton Rouge LA.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Immediate inventory of tool trailers, gang boxes, rental equipment, etc. upon arrival to the UPS shop
- Ensure any and all rental equipment is returned to the appropriate vendor and a return receipt is turned into Accounts Payable.
- Manage a list of UPS owned equipment by job sites, calibration dates, expected return dates, etc.
- Compile a list of deficient items of each piece of UPS owned equipment that may be missing, damaged, or out of calibration.
- Create identification numbers for each piece of UPS owned equipment so that it may be tracked and easily identified so that it may be returned to its proper location.
- Operate each piece of UPS owned equipment to ensure that it is functional upon arrival to the UPS shop.
- Maintain, track usage, and reorder consumables.
- Develop and maintain a calibration/certification binder to keep on all tool trailers that identifies all rigging, chain falls, come-a-longs, and precision equipment designated to that specific tool trailer.
- Develop and maintain a MSDS binder that includes all items in aerosol and liquid form.
- Develop and maintain a certification/calibration binder to keep on each tool trailer/truck.
- Perform physical trailer inspections on all incoming trailers per the trailer check sheet.
- Sustain a valid driver’s license.
- Assist in keeping the shop clean and orderly.
- Pass drug screen and background checks
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Perform delivery/pickup duties as needed.
- Assist field supervisors by providing consumables, tools, parts, etc. as needed.
High School Graduate or GED
1-2 years inventory control preferred.
Basic computer skills, Microsoft word/Excel, multitasking, follow verbal instructions.
Lifting 50#, climbing, standing for long periods
Shop truck, forklift, pallet jacks
Shop and trailer environment, both inside and outside