Machine Shop Foreman
Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 16 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS – Midstream is looking for an experienced Machine Shop Foreman to provide organization and discipline to all shop related functions. This position will be a key member of our operational management team and will be responsible for coordinating the execution of all maintenance and operations support activities for a small to medium sized machine shop. UPS – Midstream specializes in the repair of rotating and reciprocating equipment for the petrochemical and power generation industries.
- Supervising staff and coordinate worker activities and schedules.
- Supervising Machinist on all shifts.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
- Oversees the resolution of operational and maintenance problems
- Hold production meetings and reviewing process planning as needed.
- Conduct training for existing and new operating procedures as needed.
- Maintain and control inventories to control cost.
- Track employee production time
- Track scrap parts.
- When required, fill in for absent employees to ensure schedule deadlines are met.
- Assist or perform diagnostics of equipment failures and recommend solutions to solve equipment reliability issues.
- Communicating effectively with clients and team
- Develop scope, quotes, procedures, timelines, and pricing of repairs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5+ years’ experience with related shop supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in rotating, and or reciprocating compression equipment manufacturing and/or repair
- Hands on type of management style with the desire and ability to mentor/coach and train new employees.
- Knowledge of inspection equipment and inspection of machined parts.
- Knowledge in machine tools, manual machining and programming.
- Good understanding of project management and planning.
- Ability to work flexible hours, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Customer oriented, great leadership and people skills, problem solver, and motivated.
- Capable of preparing estimates and client proposals.
- Capable of developing and implementing a quality control program for shop related services.
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.