Software Solution Architect
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
We are looking for an experienced Software Solution Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development and to implement the solution. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation and work with the development team to turn it into a reality.
A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions and work on implementing the solution with the team.
An ideal candidate would be someone who has led a team to complete successful software development projects and had to directly interface with the stakeholders and users of the product. They would have strong interpersonal skills and development skills and be able to adapt quickly to a changing environment both on the business side and the technology side.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate with business to understand requirements and needs to architect a solution
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Be an active member of the development team during the implementation (actively doing development, testing and code reviews)
- Approve final product before launch
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, Angular a must, Nx and Azure experience a huge plus)
- Experience in database design (SQL server)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, TypeScript and UI/UX design
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to the business
- Experience in leading a team and successfully producing deliverables on a schedule
- Prior experience with Agile and Scrum on Enterprise level projects
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Product Owner and Scrum Master certification preferred
- BS in computer science, engineering or relevant field preferred, relevant work experience required