Tank Safety Manager
Website Universal Plant Services
Tank Safety Manager
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 16 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Industrial Services is in search of a Tank Safety Manager to work in the Deer Park, TX area. This position will primarily focus on jobs involving the construction, maintenance, and repair of Aboveground Storage Tanks and has the potential to be long term assignment.
Safety Managers are responsible for supporting UPS’ HSE culture, policy and objectives, specifically the day to day oversight of safety related activities and the execution of safe work.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have a valid TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have above average leadership abilities and be able to lead by example.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.
- Prepare and submit reports as required:
- Monthly Safety Report
- Weekly Safety Report
- Monthly First Aid Log
- Daily Site Safety Observations
- Monthly Client Work hour Report
- Employers First Report of Injury
- Employers Supplemental Report of Injury
- Accident Investigation Summary
- Vehicle Accident Reports
- Training Reports
- Issue daily safety topics
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable OSHA and state safety and health standards and regulations.
- Review all Occupational Safety and Health Standards for changes and advise management and workers of such.
- Serve as a resource for selecting and purchasing personal protective equipment.
- Provide emergency medical treatment for workers and transport as necessary.
- Coordinate safety incentive recognition programs.
- Monitor subcontractor safety performance.
- Provide safety evaluations for workers.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must be willing to comply with company safety policy and/or any related OSHA/ANSI standard regarding proper wearing of PPE, safe work practices, etc.
- Must be able to select proper equipment for any given job. With the knowledge in Safe and Proper Equipment set up.
- Must be willing to work for extended hours and willing to work over their scheduled shift, if required. Able to work days or nights.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as may be required by Field Supervision. Follow oral and written directions.
- Must be willing to act as mentor to less experienced employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 5 years experience with AST preferred.
- 5 years experience in a safety position.
- 2 years of Safety Supervision.
- Knowledge of API 653.
- Tank Entry Supervisor a PLUS.
- CSST / ASHM required.
- First Responder or equivalent medical training is recommended.