The Training Coordinator is a vital member of the Training Department and aides in communicating with management to identify areas that need training and suggest the best training for the company. As a minimum this position will: assist in evaluating and documenting training activities, ensure employees receive required training, assist with maintaining the operational performance of the Learning Management System on a daily basis.
- Assist in executing tasks / deliverables associated with LMS administration and related projects, including but not limited to the systematic creation and maintenance of Courses, classrooms: in house, virtual and online as well as:
- Curriculum / Training Plans
- Maintenance of documentation, templates, and best processes.
- Create printed and instructional materials to be used in training
- Assist in assessing training needs for new and existing employees
- Assist in planning, creating, and implementing each year’s training courses and materials for each department
- Seek and gather information from management, employees, and other departments regarding the effectiveness of completed training courses and constantly seek to improve
- Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities
- Assist in coordinating Field Training courses and seminars with field and training department personnel.
- Assist in providing end-user training and support of the organization’s learning systems, including answering questions, providing advice and basic troubleshooting to resolve problems; investigate and seek solutions to complex issues
- Provide first-level technical troubleshooting and assistance to learning system users in navigating and completing training, escalating system issues to the internal technology team and vendor(s) as applicable
- Coordinate with LMS client support team and LMS Manager making sure that the LMS works properly and finding solutions to bugs and unexpected errors.
- Provide configuration and training plan execution within the LMS technology
- Assist in creating and maintaining group and individual security profiles within the LMS system
- Assist in implementing and testing platform configuration changes to enhance user experience
- Provide training and develop job aids for other team members in using the system and maintaining content
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties, as assigned
- Inform employees on scheduled training and track their progress.
- Track inner department deadlines: training course deliverables
- Create, deliver, and communicate training reports and analytics
- Maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Maintain employee training records
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience with Learning Management Systems and database knowledge
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Familiar with Adobe suite of software primarily in Captivate, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Learning tracking, metrics, reporting and process support and best practices required to meet the company’s training needs.