Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 16 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
Universal Plant Services is in search of a Mechanical/Piping Lead Planner for upcoming work in Whiting, IN. This position is scheduled to last until the end of the year, working 40 hrs/wk and overtime as needed.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for input of the project work plan.
- Capable of reading P&ID, Isometric, General Arrangement, Plot Drawings, Equipment & Piping Specifications
- Can identify process equipment and piping for the development of fixed equipment repair scope.
- Knowledgeable with field estimating activities to develop repair scope.
- Can develop BOM using drawings and specifications
- Ability to redline and markup drawings using PDF editing software to identify scope.
- Experienced at tracking all facets of scope development electronically
- Experienced at creating and modifying work plans
- Self-motivated, organized, ability to communicate with all levels of management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 5 years of craft experience in industrial construction
- Preferably 2-5 years’ experience in industrial construction supervision or quality control.
- Must have Planning experience
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have a valid TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have above average leadership abilities and be able to lead by example.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have transportation to and from job site.