IT Team Lead
Reports to: Infrastructure & Support Manager
Department/Division: IT Department/Infrastructure Team
Summary of Position:
The Infrastructure Team Lead is responsible for the development and maintenance of Universal Plant Services (UPS) IT infrastructure and associated systems. This position will work in an environment of continuous change while minimizing disruption to system users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead in the delivery of IT infrastructure projects as directed by the Infrastructure & Support Manager
- Responsible for installation and management of all UPS Infrastructure and documentation relating to the IT Infrastructure Vision
- Manage the procurement of IT Infrastructure equipment and associated expenditure in line with UPS strategy.
- Contribute to the development of strategy and lead on the formulation and implementation of policy in areas such security, infrastructure maintenance and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Provide specialized technical support to users and solve complex technical issues that are unable to be addressed by other members of the IT team.
- Be responsible for the implementation, management and maintenance of all servers and associated operating systems including Windows Server, Linux, and vSphere
- Be responsible for the management of the mobile device management (phone / tablet devices and hotspots)
- Be responsible for email services and environment.
- Be responsible for the network switches, storage area network, wireless devices and firewalls.
- Assign reoccurring system administration tasks on all network and server hardware to System Administrators.
- Be responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly back up routines and management of company data backups at data center and remote offices.
- In line with the company’s business continuity plan, implement a capacity planning and IT disaster recovery strategy.
- Responsible for library of appropriate documentation, ensuring that procedures and infrastructure diagrams are documented in an organized and timely manner.
- Promote an active learning environment within the company, presenting training courses and support documentation to internal user groups and others in the IT Dept.
- Create learning paths for System Administrators on company funded training platform.
- Keep up to date with developments and strategy in IT and make recommendations where appropriate to the Infrastructure & Support Manager and other members of management.
- Develop relationships with company management and users to assess their technology, support, and security needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of departmental processes and tools and create an environment that encourages all employees to take ownership and help make continual improvements within the department.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field, or significant progressive experience in IT preferred
- 3 – 5 years of prior experience in an infrastructure role
- 1 – 3 years of prior direct or indirect supervision experience preferred.
- Microsoft MCSA, or Microsoft Replacement
- CompTIA Networking+ or Cisco CCENT/CCNA
- VMWare Data Center Virtualization
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL Foundation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
- Significant experience with a Microsoft computing environment, particularly focused around Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Server 2008 & above
- Significant experience in networking, with a particular emphasis on Cisco equipment and a working knowledge of technologies such as MPLS, SD-WAN and VLAN’s
- Significant experience with Network Storage Arrays with a particular emphasis on HPE Nimble Storage
- Significant experience in server virtualization, both VMWare and Hyper-V
- Significant experience with PowerShell scripting
- Knowledgeable in aspects of infrastructure architecture and engineering. Including: Server and storage platforms, application middleware components, systems and operational management, and general application architecture/design patterns
- Strong leadership skills: including the ability to coach, influence, gauge, and address staff morale, create positive team environment, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and direct the work of others.
- Willingness to work alongside employees as this is a “working lead” role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to analyze and problem solve a variety of highly technical issues.
- Ability to support multiple sites across Houston and to travel when necessary (<5%)
- Collaborative team spirit, high levels of initiative and drive to contribute to the continual improvement of the IT Department.