Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
NO SOLICITATION FROM AGENCIES. WE DO OUR OWN IN-HOUSE RECRUITING
Universal Plant Services located in Deer Park, TX is in search for a Payroll Specialist to work at our Corporate office. This person must be very proficient in MS Excel. Knowledge of Vista Viewpoint and processing Union payroll is a plus but not required. This position is full-time and offers a standard benefits package.
- Full cycle Payroll processing.
- Ensure employee payroll is processed timely and accurately and in compliance with Federal and State law.
- Process new hire paperwork by entering employee information into the payroll system.
- Record employee information to maintain and update payroll records.
- Ensure accuracy and retention of direct deposit, federal allowance information and other documents as required by law.
- Resolves payroll issues/questions by researching and gathering the information needed on a case-by-case basis.
- Processes correction checks and distributes accordingly.
- Process and reconciles ADP reports and deductions on a weekly basis.
- Distribute checks to all job sites according to the Check Requests Forms sent by the Field Accountants.
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and reconciling all correspondence received by Corporate Payroll via Mail or Email.
- Provide customer service to employee’s by providing documents and information on payroll matters, tax issues/questions and voluntary & involuntary deductions.
- Aid with billing when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- 5 -7 years of processing high volume payroll
- Knowledge of Vista Viewpoint preferred
- Knowledge of local Union payroll laws.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of best payroll practices
- Able to deal with difficult issues with employees in a calm, knowledgeable and discrete manner.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and a proactive approach when completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and accountability skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.