Website Universal Plant Services
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of experienced Tank Welders who are interested in joining our team. This position is responsible for reading and understanding a variety of drawings to fabricate, construct, repair, and modify various AST (Aboveground Storage Tanks). Welders also assist in tasks related to welding such as fit-up, preparation, repair, inspection, and post weld preparation. Welders will also be asked to assist with general site work such as loading and unloading equipment and materials, site clean-up and prep, mobilization to and demobilization from the jobsite, and scaffolding erection.
- Read prints and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Follow welding procedure specifications when welding.
- Efficiently produce quality welds.
- Perform or assist with fit-up and preparation of welds.
- Perform or assist with post weld cleanup, inspection, and repair.
- Communicate regularly with the Field Foreman with regard to issues and concerns on the jobsite.
- Perform general repair and construction tasks.
- Comply with Universal Plant Service safety policies ad quality programs.
- Maintain a reliable attendance record.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be able to pass a three position SMAW and three position FCAW weld test
- Able to set and effectively run SAW.
- Experienced in AST industry.
- Ability to use large welding rods in all required positions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must be DOT OQ qualified (AOCF/PMT).
- Maintain 95% or greater pass rate on all welds.
- Ability to fit all types of standard tank appurtenances.
- Ability to utilize automatic cutting torch and automatic welding equipment.
- Effectively us an arc gouge and hand torch.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test.
- Must have transportation to and from the jobsite.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme weather conditions for extended periods
- Must be able to kneel, squat, climb, and lift heavy objects.
- Must be committed to safety and quality.