Craft Foreman – Point Comfort, TX
Website Universal Plant Services
Craft Foreman - Point Comfort, TX
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is in search of experienced Craft Foreman who are interested in joining our team. Ideal candidates should be local to the Point Comfort/Port Lavaca area, be experienced and proficient in supervising Welders, Fitters, Boilermakers and support staff. These positions will be working Maintenance and may assist with turnarounds. Positions could be long term with opportunities for overtime as needed. No Per Diem or Travel Pay.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be committed to safety and quality.
- Read and understand P&ID’s and isometric drawings to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Assist team with various duties and help to resolve issues that may arise
- Plan sequence of work to minimize obstructions and activities of other workers
- Interpret and enforce company policies
- Understand, plan, execute, and supervise work to ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and training to subordinate workers on various tasks.
- Ensures job site materials and equipment are available and in good condition
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience with craft supervision in Industrial or Petrochemical setting
- Supervisory training or certification a plus